To start/join a video chat, type your unique room name (don't use 'test'), and click "Go to meeting".
Once you are in the room, you can refresh the page to re-detect your webcam & mic.
Video meeting security, privacy and technical information
The above video meeting app is powered by my self-hosted copy of the Jitsi Meet application.
‘Self-hosted’ means it is installed on a virtual private server (cloud computer) that I own and control.
Other benefits of Jitsi Meet:
- It’s 100% private – it uses end-to-end encryption (E2EE) with perfect forward secrecy (PFS)*
- It’s anonymous – no need for a username, email address or phone number to join a meeting
- It’s convenient – use in a browser without installing software (note, mobile app available)
- It’s 100% open source – the source code can be scrutinized by anyone to check for malware
- It’s free – developed under the Apache License 2.0 (ALv2)
You create and/or enter a meeting room by typing a unique room name in the textbox above.
The room will be automatically deleted as soon as everyone exits or closes the window.
*For 1-on-1 meetings, end-to-end encryption (E2EE) works with any browser.
*For group meetings, E2EE currently works only with any browser based on Chromium 83 and above, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Brave and Opera.